Immersio is the first SAAS platform for blended language learning that supports both online and in-class learning. Our platform is strongly integrated with AI. We are developing rich adaptive learning technology. We are based in both Canada and Vietnam.
We are looking for a data scientist with solid skills in python and an understanding of both data science and more traditional psychometric methods.
You will be working in a pure R&D role investigating performance assessment based on user activity data. This data is collected from interactions with Immersio Learning Framework
You may also have some knowledge of blockchain as the research will be conducted in a blockchain distributed programming environment.
Above all, you will be curious, able to work independently and willing to imagine and try a range of methodologies in order to identify the best approach to solving the problem at hand.
Your track record should demonstrate:
- Solid python skills including experience a python server (e.g., Flask, Django, FastAPI).
- In depth knowledge of psychology (including quantitative methods)
- In depth knowledge of data science methodologies.
- A graduate degree that included quantitative research.
- A passion for learning and taking on new challenges.
- A good command of spoken and written English.
Your duties will include:
- Writing software in a blockchain development environment.
- Learning principles of blockchain.
- Investigating methods for the prediction of human performance based on trace activity data such as response times.
- Developing algorithms for performance assessment.
- Collaborating with our both Vietnamese software engineering team and Canadian R&D and business development teams.
This is a 6 month contract position. Funding comes from a third party sponsor who are willing to extend the funding beyond six months assuming positive research outcomes.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Working from Vietnam, gain priceless experience with a Canadian startup.
- Participate in a cutting-edge, international SAAS language instruction platform.
- Work with a team that values your ideas and input and is supportive and vibrant.
- Obtain knowledge from seasoned experts and lay a strong basis for your career.
How to Apply:
We’d love to hear from you if you’re enthusiastic about this opportunity and meet the requirements! Please email email@example.com your CV and a brief cover letter emphasizing your proficiency in English and enthusiasm for quality control.
Join us as we use technology to redefine language learning. Here is where your path to a fulfilling career begins!